- Add ability to add oneself to lists ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12271))
- Add hint how to contribute translations to preferences page ([Sasha-Sorokin](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12736))
- Add signatures to statuses in archive takeout ([noellabo](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12649))
- Add support for `magnet:` and `xmpp` links ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12905), [ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12709))
- Add `follow_request` notification type ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12198))
- Add ability to filter reports by account domain in admin UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12154))
- Add link to search for users connected from the same IP address to admin UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12157))
- Add link to reports targeting a specific domain in admin view ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12513))
- Add support for EventSource streaming in web UI ([BenLubar](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12887))
- Add hotkey for opening media attachments in web UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12498), [Kjwon15](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12546))
- Add relationship-based options to status dropdowns in web UI ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12377), [ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12535), [Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12430))
- Add support for submitting media description with `ctrl`+`enter` in web UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12272))
- Add download button to audio and video players in web UI ([NimaBoscarino](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12179))
- Add setting for whether to crop images in timelines in web UI ([duxovni](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12126))
- Add support for `Event` activities ([tcitworld](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12637))
- Add basic support for `Group` actors ([noellabo](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12071))
- Add `--remote-only` option to `tootctl emoji purge` ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12810))
- Add `tootctl media remove-orphans` ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12568), [Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12571))
- Add `tootctl media lookup` command ([irlcatgirl](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12283))
- Add cache for OEmbed endpoints to avoid extra HTTP requests ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12403))
- Add support for KaiOS arrow navigation to public pages ([nolanlawson](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12251))
- Add `discoverable` to accounts in REST API ([trwnh](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12508))
- Add admin setting to disable default follows ([ArisuOngaku](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12566))
- Add support for LDAP and PAM in the OAuth password grant strategy ([ntl-purism](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12390))
- Allow support for `Accept`/`Reject` activities with a non-embedded object ([puckipedia](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12199))
- Change `last_status_at` to be a date, not datetime in REST API ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12966))
- Change followers page to relationships page in admin UI ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12927), [Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12934))
- Change reported media attachments to always be hidden in admin UI ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12879), [ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12907))
- Change string from "Disable" to "Disable login" in admin UI ([nileshkumar](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12201))
- Change report page structure in admin UI ([Sasha-Sorokin](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12615))
- Change swipe sensitivity to be lower on small screens in web UI ([umonaca](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12168))
- Change audio/video playback to stop playback when out of view in web UI ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12486))
- Change media description label based on upload type in web UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12270))
- Change large numbers to render without decimal units in web UI ([noellabo](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12706))
- Change "Add a choice" button to be disabled rather than hidden when poll limit reached in web UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12319), [hinaloe](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12544))
- Change `tootctl statuses remove` to keep statuses favourited or bookmarked by local users ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/11267), [Gomasy](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12818))
- Change domain block behavior to update user records (fast) before deleting data (slower) ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12247))
- Change behaviour to strip audio metadata on uploads ([hugogameiro](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12171))
- Change accepted length of remote media descriptions from 420 to 1,500 characters ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12262))
- Change format of titles in RSS ([devkral](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/8596))
- Change favourite icon animation from spring-based motion to CSS animation in web UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12175))
- Change minimum required Node.js version to 10, and default to 12 ([Shleeble](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12791), [mkody](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12906), [Shleeble](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12703))
- Change spam check to exempt server staff ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12874))
- Change to fallback to to `Create` audience when `object` has no defined audience ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12249))
- Change Twemoji library to 12.1.3 in web UI ([koyuawsmbrtn](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12342))
- Change blocked users to be hidden from following/followers lists ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12733))
- Fix some translatable strings being used wrongly ([Sasha-Sorokin](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12569), [Sasha-Sorokin](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12589), [Sasha-Sorokin](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12502), [mayaeh](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12231))
- Fix headline of public timeline page when set to local-only ([ykzts](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12224))
- Fix space between tabs not being spread evenly in web UI ([Sasha-Sorokin](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12944), [Sasha-Sorokin](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12961), [Sasha-Sorokin](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12446))
- Fix interactive delays in database migrations with no TTY ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12969))
- Fix status overflowing in report dialog in web UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12959))
- Fix unlocalized dropdown button title in web UI ([Sasha-Sorokin](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12947))
- Fix media attachments without file being uploadable ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12562))
- Fix unfollow confirmations in profile directory in web UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12922))
- Fix duplicate `description` meta tag on accounts public pages ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12923))
- Fix slow query of federated timeline ([notozeki](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12886))
- Fix not all of account's active IPs showing up in admin UI ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12909), [Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12943))
- Fix search by IP not using alternative browser sessions in admin UI ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12904))
- Fix “X new items” not showing up for slow mode on empty timelines in web UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12875))
- Fix OEmbed endpoint being inaccessible in secure mode ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12864))
- Fix proofs API being inaccessible in secure mode ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12495))
- Fix invalid poll votes being accepted in REST API ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12601))
- Fix old migrations failing because of strong migrations update ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12787), [ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12692))
- Fix reuse of detailed status components in web UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12792))
- Fix base64-encoded file uploads not being possible in REST API ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12748), [Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12857))
- Fix resource_owner_from_credentials in Doorkeeper initializer ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12743))
- Fix error due to missing authentication call in filters controller ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12746))
- Fix uncaught unknown format error in host meta controller ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12747))
- Fix URL search not returning private toots user has access to ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12742), [ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12336))
- Fix cache digesting log noise on status embeds ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12750))
- Fix slowness due to layout thrashing when reloading a large set of statuses in web UI ([panarom](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12661), [panarom](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12744), [Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12712))
- Fix error when fetching followers/following from REST API when user has network hidden ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12716))
- Fix IDN mentions not being processed, IDN domains not being rendered ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12715))
- Fix error when searching for empty phrase ([Gargron](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12711))
- Fix backups stopping due to read timeouts ([chr-1x](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12281))
- Fix batch actions on non-pending tags in admin UI ([ThibG](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/pull/12537))
@@ -14,13 +14,13 @@ If your contributions are accepted into Mastodon, you can request to be paid thr
## Bug reports
Bug reports and feature suggestions can be submitted to [GitHub Issues](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/issues). Please make sure that you are not submitting duplicates, and that a similar report or request has not already been resolved or rejected in the past using the search function. Please also use descriptive, concise titles.
Bug reports and feature suggestions must use descriptive and concise titles and be submitted to [GitHub Issues](https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/issues). Please use the search function to make sure that you are not submitting duplicates, and that a similar report or request has not already been resolved or rejected.
You can submit translations via [Crowdin](https://crowdin.com/project/mastodon). They are periodically merged into the codebase.
Mastodon is a **free, open-source social network server** based on ActivityPub. Follow friends and discover new ones. Publish anything you want: links, pictures, text, video. All servers of Mastodon are interoperable as a federated network, i.e. users on one server can seamlessly communicate with users from another one. This includes non-Mastodon software that also implements ActivityPub!
Mastodon is a **free, open-source social network server** based on ActivityPub where users can follow friends and discover new ones. On Mastodon, users can publish anything they want: links, pictures, text, video. All Mastodon servers are interoperable as a federated network (users on one server can seamlessly communicate with users from another one, including non-Mastodon software that implements ActivityPub)!
Click below to **learn more** in a video:
@@ -70,15 +70,15 @@ Mastodon acts as an OAuth2 provider so 3rd party apps can use the REST and Strea
- **PostgreSQL** 9.5+
- **Ruby** 2.4+
- **Node.js** 8+
- **Node.js** 10.13+
The repository includes deployment configurations for **Docker and docker-compose**, but also a few specific platforms like **Heroku**, **Scalingo**, and **Nanobox**. The [**stand-alone** installation guide](https://docs.joinmastodon.org/administration/installation/) is available in the documentation.
The repository includes deployment configurations for **Docker and docker-compose**, but also a few specific platforms like **Heroku**, **Scalingo**, and **Nanobox**. The [**stand-alone** installation guide](https://docs.joinmastodon.org/admin/install/) is available in the documentation.
A **Vagrant** configuration is included for development purposes.
Mastodon is **free, opensource software** licensed under **AGPLv3**.
Mastodon is **free, open-source software** licensed under **AGPLv3**.
You can open issues for bugs you've found or features you think are missing. You can also submit pull requests to this repository, or submit translations using Weblate. To get started, take a look at [CONTRIBUTING.md](CONTRIBUTING.md). If your contributions are accepted into Mastodon, you can request to be paid through [our OpenCollective](https://opencollective.com/mastodon).
@@ -86,7 +86,7 @@ You can open issues for bugs you've found or features you think are missing. You
Copyright (C) 2016-2019 Eugen Rochko & other Mastodon contributors (see [AUTHORS.md](AUTHORS.md))
Copyright (C) 2016-2020 Eugen Rochko & other Mastodon contributors (see [AUTHORS.md](AUTHORS.md))
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.